Stephen Cummings, M.S.W., A.C.S.W., L.I.S.W.
Stephen Cummings is a clinical associate professor with over 20 years of practice in social service fields, including 10 years as a licensed social worker in a Trauma I level hospital setting. His areas of interest include ethical use of technology in social work practice, clinical supervision, and preparing students for the social work licensure exam.
Virtual Office Hours
Tuesdays, 1:00 - 4:00 pm
- Human Behavior in the Social Environment
- Professional Social Work Writing
- Social Work in Health Care Settings
- Family Violence
- Discrimination, Oppression and Diversity
- Integrated Theory and Practice I and II
- Medical Social Work
- Cummings, S. (2021). L. Grobman (Ed.), "Social workers essential? Only if we believe it." The New Social Worker.
- Jones, N., Cummings, S. (2020). M. Sage & H. Laurel (Eds.), "How to write and submit a peer-reviewed blog post." Social Work with Digital Technology.
- Sanders, S., Cummings, S. (2020). L. Grobman (Ed.), "Reaching out to our front-line social work alumni: providing a virtual environment of support during the Covid-19 pandemic" (2nd ed., vol. 27, pp. 24-25). The New Social Worker.
- Cummings, S. (2020). L. Grobman (Ed.), "Ok, social work boomer: the things I believed about getting older." The New Social Worker.
- Coohey, C., Cummings, S. (2019). Evaluation of an online group intervention to improve test-taking efficacy and reduce licensure anxiety. Journal of Social Work Education, 55(2), 376-388.
- Kleinschmit, J., Cummings, S. (2018). Meet me at the Hub: Online support for social work adjunct instructors. Professional Development: The International Journal of Social Work Education, 21(2), 3-10.
- Gilster, M., Kleinschmit, J., Cummings, S., Ronnenberg, M. (2018). Teaching note - Pick Your platform: social media advocacy skill building. Journal of Social Work Education.
- Diversity and Social Justice
- Organizations and Communities