There is high demand for Social Work instructors, both at the MSW and PhD level, because of an increase in BASW and MSW programs in Iowa and nationwide. Our graduates have a proven track record of finding positions, career success, and fulfillment in academia.

Higher Education

Higher Education students interested in applying to a PhD program, teaching at the college level, or pursuing a career in research should consider MSW courses in the Higher Education field of practice.

For more information on pursuing a higher education specialization, contact

Combined MSW/PhD Degree Program

The joint MSW/PhD is offered through the School of Social Work. Students typically apply to the Graduate College and indicate their preference for this program prior to enrolling in social work courses.